PDA

View Full Version : K COMMAND DO NOT RESPOND...

german
01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
HI GUYS, TODAY I WAS TESTING THE BOT FOR FIRST TIME; MZ3, MX48, MY36...ALL THAT WEN I GET THE POINT FOR TESTING THE "K COMMAND" EVERYTING SEAMS OK, THE SMALL YELLOW SCREEN APEARS, I CLICK AND HOLD ONE OF THE ARROWS AND NOTHING HAPPEN, INSTEAD, THE PROGRAM GOT FREEZE, AND THEN CLOSE.
I'M MISSING SOMETHING?
ANY HELP, CLUE WILL BE APRECIATE IT
THANKS... GERMAN

bill
01-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Happened to me a few times too, cure was a reboot. I have attributed it to my being "click happy" selecting too many things too quickly. I too am new to this (1 week) and must admit when it happens, major stress, leery! For the most part all has been well and am pleased with my new machine.

butch
01-15-2008, 07:21 AM
German
I am relatively new also. Had the same problem and it was trying to work too fast. It takes a few seconds for the command to reach the SB. The other thing I had failed to do was the Install Control Box Firmware (Utilities/Install). When I called ShopBot they suggest the later but do not remember 'which problem' that fixed. I think it fixed IGNORANCE more than anything. But could try those and see.
Butch

german
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
thank you guys for the post, i will try doing both, i have the latest version of the software, it got to be tomorrow wen i reach the shop, today i spend the day in a trip to a lumber yard to get some trupan.
german

german
01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
INSTALLING THE FIRMWARE WAS THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, LIKE BILL SAID, I WAS A LITTLE "CLICK HAPPY", NOW I'M TRYING TO SET THE PROXI SWITCHES; EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTLY NOW. THANK YOU.
GERMAN.