PDA

View Full Version : Circles and squares don´t close

rikalife
12-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Trying out my new sb, I don´t understand why making a circle does not come completely around, it goes about an inch to the inside of the cirle or any letter or squares missing the connecting point, thanks.

Mayo
12-03-2003, 01:13 AM
If you are using the shopbot command CC to cut your circles or CR to cut squares, I believe it assumes you are using the bit diameter which is in the command VC (Values for Cutter). If the cutter diameter specified in the VC is not the same as your actual bit diameter, this could be one reason a circle or square does not connect to itself.

Also make sure you have the correct unit values set for your stepper motors. These values should have been supplied with your documentation. If not, a call to Shopbot will remedy that.

edwardmc
12-03-2003, 01:15 AM
Just gessing on my part. you may have something to tight and be loosing steps. Check and see if your bit comes back to the exact home . If it is then call Shopbot and make shure you have the right unit values. I would think that it would be one or the other.

pacoisa@cooptel.qc.ca
12-04-2003, 07:26 PM
Do you use TABBING?!

Leon L. Romatowski
12-04-2003, 08:47 PM
One other possibility, the gears on your steppers may be loose. Check to make sure the set screws are aligned and tight on your X and Y steppers.

If it was the offset for your router bit size; the letters, circles or squares would still close, they just would not be the right size.