PDA

View Full Version : Z carriage v rollers

GlenP
02-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey Everyone. I have a PRS standard and noticed one of my lower v-rollers on the z carriage is not tight to the v-rail. I adjusted it and it is good in all areas across the rail but one spot around 12" long. I put a straight edge on the v-rail and it shows a space at the same spot as I am having the issue. I have noticed some chatter and I don't think this is helping. I have tried to adjust the rollers to be consistent across the rail and cannot get it right on at all places. I have emailed shopbot but I must have got caught in spam filter as haven't had a response yet. I was wondering if anyone else has had a sililar issue with a PRS? Any help or advice is always appreciated. Thanks,
GLen

Gary Campbell
02-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Glen...
I don't know if these are SB approved fixes, but I experienced similar problems. Mine were after some months of use. Here is what I found and how I fixed it. http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/26/26324.html?1198025229
Gary

GlenP
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks Gary. I have checked those v-rollers (z assembly) and they seem Ok. My problem is with the v-rollers on the whole carriage assembly. It is the rollers that you have to install after setting the carriage on the gantry beam. I will try to post some pics tomorrow. Never had much luck with pics on the forum though.
glen

Gary Campbell
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Glen...
There are a lot of picture resizers out there. If you use XP you can D/L a free one from Micro$oft. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I didnt realize you meant the Y car rollers. Make sure that the 2 rails are the same distance apart over their complete length. They do have adjustment in them. Get the rails parallel and adjust rollers as per manual.
Gary