PDA

View Full Version : Finally a vac setup ..

audiodemon
03-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I am finally getting a vac system for my 'Bot!! I got lucky ( i hope ) by scoring this

from a hospital that was decommissioned a few yrs back which has been sold to new owners who are doing a retrofit. It was the backup vac sys for the entire hospital ..I've looked at the pump and have found out next to nothing about it on the net. Unfortunately the Stationary Eng. office was ransacked by hoodlums at some point and any info they did have on it is lost. It has a tag that says Lammert Industries.. a division of COMPONETROL .. a subsiduary of ITE something it's worn away with a catalog # of 04124-1 and an RMP stamped @ 1400. The pressure sensor says that it -- Closes @ 3 and opens @ 8 -- there is a virgin 5hp motor on there as well.

as stated above i hope this is a good score as i have no idea of HG or CFM!

I ran a pipe thru the wall (2" Schedule 40ABS) to the tank and continued the run along the wall sloping down to the floor, then across to the machine.

I made a manifold with six ball valves ( 4 12x48 zones in X0-X96 by Yo-Y48 and 2 24x48 splitting the rest into 2 )

I've added a vac gague at the begining of the manifold before the first valve.

I've also added an NPT connection in the endcap of the manifold with a ball valve as well .. in the hopes that it could be used for small purpose made jigs or at the very least a release valve for the system.

My control board "released the magic smoke" so i'm getting the 4g u/g at the same time. Once I get it I'll cut the grid into the plenum (3/4 ply bolted to frame with 3/4 MDF glued on top) and pipe it for the vac, seal it up with something, skin a sheet of ULMDF and glue it down to the grid, surface again seal edges and hopefully off to the races ..

Have i missed anything along the way?

I'll post more pics when i get my 4g up'n'runnin ..