PDA

View Full Version : OK....Another ignorant question

dvmike
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I had Partworks loaded on my laptop that I use when not at the shop.
I recently purchased Aspire and have loaded it on my laptop and my computer I use for design at the shop.
I have no issues creating shopbot cutting files on my computer at the shop, but I've never been able to do so on my laptop.
I have to transfer the design file from my laptop to my other computer to toolpath it. What do I need to do to be able to create ShopBot files on my laptop?
Thanks !

zeykr
03-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Give us a little more detail.

Do you get an error when you toolpath, or don't get a shopbot .sbp file or what happens that you aren't able to toolpath. If the software runs it should be able to produce a toolpath.

Have you chose the proper post processor?

dvmike
04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Give us a little more detail.

Do you get an error when you toolpath, or don't get a shopbot .sbp file or what happens that you aren't able to toolpath. If the software runs it should be able to produce a toolpath.

Have you chose the proper post processor?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you !
I got sidetracked and forgot about the post.

When I toolpath the Aspire design , I get a file with a blank image and a filetype (.nc)
Should I install the shopbot control software to create shopbot cutting files?

zeykr
04-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by blank image file, but I don't think you have the proper post processor chosen so you are getting a gcode file (.nc) instead of a shopbot file (.sbp).

In the Aspire toolpath window, chose save toolpath (little blue disk). Near the bottom of the save toolpath dialog, just above the save toolpath button, is a dropdown box to chose your post processor. You need to choose a shopbot post processor suitable for your machine. Once you close out of Aspire, it will remember what you chose. This should allow you to output a .sbp file instead of a format for some other type of machine.