PDA

View Full Version : cnc training

gc3
03-14-2010, 08:27 PM
...Fort(6) and Ellie(4) learning to turn a wrench...won't be long until they are tuning the cnc. They already know how to load and start cut files...digital kids!http://www.plantasymaderasgardenbenches.com/1/post/2010/03/zen-and-the-art-of-motorcycle-maintenance.html

Gene Crain

myxpykalix
03-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Gene,
you are absolutely doing a good thing by putting wrenches in their hands and letting them get their hands dirty. It is teaching them FAR MORE then just how to turn a wrench. They are getting problem solving, confidence, self reliance and common sense.

That they get from you, lets just hope they get their looks from their mother! lol Keep them safe.....good job!

wberminio
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Gene
I worked with my father,not with wrenches,but making mozzarella and slicing prosciutto.(Best sandwich in the world-fresh mozzarella and thinly sliced San Daniele prosciutto on fresh bread from Arthur Ave in the Bronx)

I learned to work and eat! Enjoy your kids! It's worth all the time you spend with them!

rcnewcomb
03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
I guess those stories about child labor in developing nations is true :eek:

Mayo
03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi Gene

I checked out the link to your benches -
really outstanding work - simple and elegant looking and practical/functional.

What kind of stains do you use?
Do they have UV inhibitors to help prevent fading in the sunlight?

magic
03-27-2010, 12:28 PM
If my father had a screwdrive, he was selling screwdrivers. The most difficult thing he could do was thread a needle.

He always told me not to spend money to "buy a job for myself", there were plenty of jobs I could do like being a stockbroker, which didn't take money. Now I'm confused.

gene
03-27-2010, 09:25 PM
As tight as space is in these new cars i guess you have to start them young.:)

gc3
03-27-2010, 10:09 PM
As tight as space is in these new cars i guess you have to start them young.:)

FYI... 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, 4.7L with mods that make her ...fly!

GC

robredick
04-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Simply AWESOME. I am going home next week to assist my 10 yr old in the assembly of a MakerBot. I think that it might be more fun than riding Motorcycles in the mountains.