PDA

View Full Version : Help, shopbot stops...

boubou
04-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I have everything set up and no problem in preview mode. Now after writing to shopbot and selecting the sheet, the tool moves to the right direction to start drilling but it stops just like something is telling it to do so. The way i am set up is everything is manual (spindle included). Could it be those C6,C7,C9 files not set up, I never had to do anything with them, i looked at them and there is only writing, no real command. Thanks Boubou

ken_rychlik
04-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Most everyone is running custom files in the c6, c7, anc c9.

If you want it to run on shopbot files, shopbot is the one that will need to help you.

Mine started out doing that exact same thing.
You can copy and save the existing files and just put end in those three files and it should run.

It basically skips over any tool change that is called up that way.

The shopbot software is set up to zero off of the top of your material and some of us have changed to zeroing off of the bed.

What version of sb3 are you running?
Where do you want to zero to?
Do you want to be able to do manual tool changes?
What number do you have the cutter set to?
Are there ANY OTHER cutters set up in there? (there will be some)

Kenneth

ken_rychlik
04-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I just remembered.

C6 anc C7 had

end

C9 had

V0,1,0,0,&zshift
J3,%(1),%(2), .500

This made it run but I think I zeroed to the bed of the table and it would not do toolchanges this way.
AIR CUT FIRST !!!!!

Kenneth

dlcw
04-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Andre,

There's a couple of ways you can approach C6, C7 and C9. If you go with the versions from Shopbot, you will need to contact them about getting things working properly. There is another set that was created by Gary Campbell that some of us are using that work very well. Each person using these files has had to modify them to get them to work on their specific machines. However, read between the warnings below before going this direction!

:eek: ************** WARNING, WARNING ***************

Before you think of going in this direction you will need to know how the programming language works and you feel comfortable modifying these files. There is NO tech support for these files. If you are not really comfortable coding your own cut files, these files are not for you. We can try and help you on the forum but not knowing your machine and your configurations makes it difficult. Make sure you know how to read, follow and modify code and test your changes.

:eek: ************** WARNING, WARNING ***************

Yes, I have broken router bits and bent drill bits while getting these files to work for me. :eek: But now that I've got them working I'm very happy with them. :D

boubou
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank you very much for your help, i know i can get help here,even on weekends. I found my snag fooling around today. I tought the link had to be open first, then write to shopbot, then the link closes and opens the shopbot software...to that point everything works and there goes the gantry but it stops before drilling the first hole. I went the other way around, opened shopbot controller first, then opened the link and MAGIC...everything works as advertised. For the first try cutting a base cabinet, well i am very impress with the result. Only need to tighten the dados (0 for tolerance) and give a little more tolerance for drawer slides (.625 each side). Second try is perfect, i am very happy. Thanks to everyone, i am up and running on the first day because of you all. Boubou