PDA

View Full Version : My first paid sign

knight_toolworks
04-13-2008, 01:50 AM
This is the first sign I was actually paid for well the first two signs. The first pic is what they wanted. They sent me a PDF file and I was able to extract the text and the logo.
The hardest part was working out the logo. They wanted it easy to painted and different levels. So after some trail and error on some hardboard I got it worked out. So each color is on a separate level and the logo is easy to build the pieces lower have outlines to lineup the pieces that go on top so it is easy to get right. Here is what they are shooting for

The next pics are of the logo it is about 45” across it is 4 levels of ½” mdo

The smaller sign is 3’x3’ with the same logo just smaller and the letters are pocketed so they self align.
well two signs really. spent about 4 hours cutting or a bit less and about 4 to 5 hours with computer work. I cut it all with a 1/8" downcut bit at 3ips in .25" passes. the packed sawdust kept everything in place so I needed no tabs.
the hardest part was cutting up the scrap to fit in the can (G) I had to redesign a few pieces as they were too fragile.
sure like how the MDO cuts.

here is a link to all of the pics since this site ruins them. here is what they are shooting for. they have the old sign up so they will paint it and install it.

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/pnc/

mmccue29
04-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Great Job

knight_toolworks
04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
looked and talked to the customers Thursday they brought the wood friday and I cut it all Saturday. have to get some finished pics when they get it painted and up. one of the few jobs where everything went well. could you imagine doing this without a cnc? I can't imagine the guy they usually have do such work how much he bid.

jamesgilliam
04-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Steve, Very nice job

handh
04-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Looks good Steve

knight_toolworks
04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
they finally got the parts painted and up here are the pics down on the bottom.
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/pnc/

tkovacs
05-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Really nice Steve.

Thanks for posting,

Terry