PDA

View Full Version : Manual tool change

drandals
06-27-2010, 02:51 PM
New to Shopbot. I have a 9648 standard and cannot get the manual tool change commands to work. In Partworks when I check the "flat area clearance tool" and then go to the post processor there is not a selection for manual tool change like the help video. Any body got any sugestion.

dlcw
06-27-2010, 03:39 PM
David,

If you are using the standard ShopBot supplied files, you will need to talk with Tech Support about this.

Many people that use a Shopbot and need tool changing capability have gone to their own versions of files.

I for one am not familiar with Shopbots tool changing files as I have my own versions that are specific to my machine and my cutting needs.

Gary Campbell
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
David...
Don gives some good advice above, let me add to it.

Manual toolchanges from within an active running parts file are best left for the more experienced. You will need to select a proper post processor for toolchanges when you do this. To gain skills and confidence, make a cutting file for each bit, and zero in between.

SB Techs can point you in the right direction for a postP, how to get the proper toolchange files active and give you direction for the process.

drandals
06-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the help. That sounds like a great idea:)