PDA

View Full Version : Spindle control without spindle

ken_rychlik
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I have something wierd that started happening. I have a spindle control window that keeps popping up and I don't have a spindle on the machine.

It is only happening with the ecab link so it has something to do with that.

Any ideas on how I can keep that annoying thing from happening on my router equipped machine?

Thanks
Kenneth

jerry_stanek
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
What does it say exactly

ken_rychlik
07-09-2010, 01:51 PM
It is a very small box that states it is a preivew of the spindle control. It doesn't hurt the way it runs, but it keeps getting in the way and I have to keep closing it.

Frank at SB told me to upload the latest sb3 software, but I am in the middle of a cutting job and ain't going there.

kenneth

dlcw
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Kenneth,

I've got a spindle and I have to open the spindle control window manually. Spindle speed control doesn't seem to work unless the window is open.

Wanna trade.... :rolleyes:

ken_rychlik
07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I would love to trade with you Don.

Maybe it's telling me to buy Roger's spindle. lol

knight_toolworks
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
click on rpm and change "start when sb3 starts" to 1. if you want it to open on it's own change it to 0.

thewoodcrafter
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Kenneth,

That is generated by the Link in the Post.
I just hit return.
I don't think you can get rid of it.

Gary Campbell
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
kenneth....
#1.. Steve has it backwards, 0 is off, 1 is start with SB3

To reset to 0:
from the Keyboard, [TR] that should open the window
in the spindle window, click on the "RPM" letters, that should open the options dialog.
Set the open with SB3 to "0"

Don should set to "1" if not allready. Also if that doesnt work try adding a blank "TR" command in the SB Link job header box. (may not be needed with 3.6.18

Roger is correct, TR commands for RPM are generated from the Link and cannot be eliminated (cuz then I would bitch! :D)

All... Frank is right. 3.6.18 fixed a number of small glitches like this that were in 3.6.16 thru 3.6.17beta 12

knight_toolworks
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
thats what I thought. since the last software update mine opens when I run a toolpath. so I was thinking 0 was right. so I guess it does not matter anymore. Hey it's been awhile since I screwed with it.

ken_rychlik
07-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks Gary.

I don't know why Frank couldn't give me the same instructions. :rolleyes:

Kenneth

dlcw
07-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I've noticed with the new software release that my machine is much crisper in its movements and response to commands. It seems like SB tightened up the code. So far V18 is working really well on my machine.

ken_rychlik
07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Gary, I tried and it still pops up.

I have it moved out of the way and for now it stays there, but it still pops open.

Don, I will jump in the water next week after this job is finished.

Kenneth

Gary Campbell
07-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Kenneth...
I had some issues with the spindle control window NOT opening with a TR command, unless it had been manually set. Looks like they fixed it! :D

I am sure that if there is going to be some harmless but none the less irritating pop up, that I prefer it on YOUR machine.

3.6.18 has, in my opinion, been an improvement over any previous version. Back up your custom folder and put it in!

ken_rychlik
07-10-2010, 05:02 PM
About ten more sheets to run and then I will be willing :cool:

Grasshopper