PDA

View Full Version : Restarting a cancelled job?

nodnerb
07-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Is there anyway to start off a job from where it was canceled in the middle? I had to stop the machine to clear some material and went to resume and the spindle wouldn't re start no matter what I did and I eventually had to cancel it. This job is about 3/4 of the way though 7800+ holes!!!
The spindle now turns on of course but it's too late.

Thanks.

frank
07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
You can use the FG command to restart a file at any line number.

ken_rychlik
07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
You can start it at a certain line if you know what line number it was on.

Type in F G

which means file go to,

Then click on your file and start the file.

It will prompt you what line you want to start on.

Make sure it is a safe value above the material, because it will go directly to that point, no matter what is in the way to get torn up.

If you reset your machine, it may be off a little. If you machine has not been cycled off and the material has not been moved you can get away with it.

Kenneth

nodnerb
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Great thanks!!!!!

MogulTx
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Guys,

I used your post here to show me how to restart a file that I had to terminate. I did it successfully, but it was cutting at a wicked fast speed, so I interrupted it and used the "insert a command" to take me out of the regular screen, so I could get to the Move and Jog speeds. I lowered my jog speed and escaped out to get back to the "Resume" command... and "all was well with the world"!!! Just finished my 72000 line file. The longest I have ever cut... And after nearly 8 hours of cutting and drilling in 3/4" MDO, I have used up nearly 95% of the sheet and all the parts ( except the one that got kicked by the bit) turned out excellent! Now I guess I will go re-program for that single part and cut it!

THANKS VERY MUCH for your posts here- as they are learning aids to a LOT of us!

Best Regards,

Monty

gundog
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I have had the same issue with the move speeds I am not sure why that happens.

One note though always jot down the coordinates & line number when you stop in the middle of a file I have learned this the hard way. If a file is a long one I do one more thing I pick a spot in the scrap that will not be cut and drill a 1/8" hole I have a small pin I made that will plug in that hole that has a + in the middle. I use this to re-establish my zero if the control box is turned off and back on. Sometimes when my machine is turned off (control box) when I turn it back on and the motors lock up it shifts usually in the X direction by about .100" that will ruin your day if you start from that point. I use a lazer edge finder to check and see if my machine is still spot on with the hole and pin, if not I can adjust it and save my zero. I also use this method for machining 2 sides of a part. I drill the hole in the scrap with the bot as the first step before I cut any other file.

Mike

MogulTx
03-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Mike,

I completely agree. I have been saved a couple of times by having a point that was very specific that I could reference back to... It is an important thing to keep track of some form of reference that is REALLY accurate.

Thanks to all of you for your input.

Monty