PDA

View Full Version : TWD file won't load?

r_jones
07-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes this is my first day with my new link, LOL I have created a TWD file but when I try to load it with my shop bot link it simply blinks and nothing happens, nothing comes up to "add" or select. Any help would be most appreciated!!

In addition this is my first try at cutting a cabinet so if anyone has any tips that would be awesome!!

Thanks,
Ron

dlcw
07-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I commented over on the Thermwood forum about this.

r_jones
07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Awesome thanks Don!!!

Gary Campbell
07-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Ron...
Don did a good job over on the TWD forum so I will add a couple minor things.

On the SB Link screen, there is a blue square with a "?" in it. It brings up the Link Manual. The section under loading is not overly worded, but should get you going.

I like to have a separate folder that I always transfer my TWD files to from the thumb drive. Once used, the Link opens that folder by default.

The first time you load a file you may have to navigate until you find its location.

You must use 3.6.xx versions of the software to enable cutting the encrypted file from the SB Link.

In your C:\SbParts\Custom folder there is a folder named "MTC" If you do not find documentation on how and where to install/copy these files, give SB techs a call. They can set you straight.

You must have at least some of these files in the proper location before attempting to cut, even if using one bit.

Depending on the configuration of your machine, you will most likely have to make some minor mods to these files.

Good Luck, and Welcome to the Club!