PDA

View Full Version : Label advice

ken_rychlik
09-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm just diving into labels and selecting which size labels to buy, which settings in the link to use, ect...

I bought the dymo 400 and it came with a few sizes in the box.

So far I get a lable to print for one part onto five different lables in the wrong direction.

I'm not even thinking bar codes at this time. Just basic info like cabinet number and rt side, or deck ect...

Any advice would be helpfull.

Gary Campbell
09-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Kenneth...
Set the print orientation for the Dymo printer to landscape. Use the Windows printer settings accessed from the start menu.

ken_rychlik
09-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I tried to set it to landscape just before printing, but I didn't try through the start menu.

I will give that a shot in the am. I'm getting set for a week full of cutting and tired of getting my parts confused. lol

Thanks

ken_rychlik
09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I am making progress. I have them printing on one label and going the right directions. Funny I had to go through the control panel to get it to print landscape. I figured I could change it at the preferences part right before printing.

One more question. Can I change fonts and make the writing bigger for my tired old eyes?

Gary Campbell
09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Kenneth...
Glad you got the orientation correct. Dont know why the settings need to be set that way, but they work when you do.

In order to modify the lables, you need access to a copy of Crystal Reports. Your eyes, like mine, will have to squint.