PDA

View Full Version : Flip ops?

chunkstyle
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Anyone have a problem running flip ops? I write the code to the SB3 via the link and where it prompts me for either a sheet # or flip op I type in 'F'.

Flip- op panel comes up and prompts me for a flip op # or scan. I type in the number and 9 times out of ten it just brings up another flip op prompt screen. Every one in a while it catches and fires up. I've found that I have to have the SB3 screen shut down before launching the link and writing the code or I'll never get it to fire up.

Taking the better part of a coupla hours to get three flips down since I have to eventually hit 'cancel' shut down the SB3 and relauchnch link, nest parts, write to SB3, etc....

No problems with running sheets and selecting sheet numbers out of order. Runs sheets just fine.

Thanks,
Tim

Gary Campbell
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Tim...
2 things...

1) is the caps lock on?
2) can you spot the difference between zero and "oh"?

ken_rychlik
09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I just gave mine the first try at the flip ops this past week and "so far so good"

I do have my machine act wierd when starting a file. About once every 5 tries when I hit "write to shopbot" it will go to a blank screen. It will stay there till I hit the enter button. Then it gives me the option to restart the file and it runs fine.

It is not consistant though. I can exit out and hit "write" again and it will go all the way through.

chunkstyle
09-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Gary,

Yep, caps lock is on. Definitely typing with zero's. I asked TWD if it would matter and they said it wouldn't but I'm spelling it just the same as it appears on the label. I did have about 6 parts go thru after posting. Worked like it was supposed to. Don't know why but it really doesn't like the SB3 open while writing from the link on my computer. Had some fun and hijinks and managed to screw a couple of pieces up. Will re-run the parts tomorrow. We'll see if the flip will work all right for those parts.

Ken, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting bogeys on my screen. Seems like there's still some bugs in the bark.

Tim

ken_rychlik
09-12-2010, 08:00 PM
In the mean time, I am just nesting the fip ops by themselves and not just letting the program mix them where it wants.

Seem to help me anyway.

As for the bugs, there is really no way of knowing if it is sb3 related or link related. It makes them hard to chase down.

i can say that the green screen does not happen with vectric files.

i do have some wierd happenings with my C3. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it hangs up after the first proxy hit.

More strange things are happening on the alpha than did on the std for sure.

Gary Campbell
09-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Kenneth....

YA THINK???????

Tim....
Try this: R Oh 1 ..... not R zero 1.......

chunkstyle
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
O.K.,

My stupidity. Was nesting one part out of a larger nest on it's own. It was a part that I screwed up from a previous flip op.
Turned everything else off in the loaded TWD file except the part needing to be re-cut.
Nested the file again and only the sought after part was nested.
Wrote file to SB3.
Ran off part.
Hit 'F' for the flip op.
Typed in the UPC number off the label from the previous run/screwed up part.
WRONG!!!
Finally remembered what Thermwood told me. If you change the twd parts nest (Turning parts on and off) and re-nest. The labels won't carry over in the new nest. DUH!!!

Thanks for the help,
Tim

ken_rychlik
09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
How do you just do a flip op without running the part again?

I have about 20 flip ops in the process on one cabinet.:eek:

thewoodcrafter
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Kenneth,
If you have not changed the nest but just ended before doing the flipops, output to ShopBot again and hit "F", then just type in the number on the flopop label.
It works fine, you don't need to cut any parts first.

ken_rychlik
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks Roger

I will give that a shot tomorrow. I was flipping and opping all afternoon. ;)

Gary Campbell
09-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I did a number of 90 deg rotated flip ops on Sat. I noticed the dados cut climb, instead of conventional as selected. Anyone else have that problem? I also had a label printing error, but may be my doing.

Also, there may be a new version in the future. Anyone have any errors that have not been reported?

chunkstyle
09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
I have an extra tool path on my perimeter and pocket cuts. Increases my cutting time quite a bit.
Blind dado tenons have been milled without the shoulders cut on some roll out tray bottoms.
I have recently talked with TWD over a part editor issue involving a drilling operation for a 5mm hole and the machine wanting to use a .253" diameter bit.
The files have been sent to TWD. It might be helpfull to post about it here in case anyone else is seeing the same thing.

Tim