PDA

View Full Version : aspire or cut 3d

dan_nelson
12-12-2010, 10:52 AM
We have the newest version of v carve we would like to upgrade to either aspire or cut 3d. Whats the difference? This question has been asked before on the vetric site and all the replies say to look at the charts on the site. check boxes are not for me. Does any body have a real world answer? Thanks in advance. Dan and Bridget Nelson

adrianm
12-12-2010, 10:59 AM
It really depends on what you want to do.

For some things Aspire is overkill and Cut3D might be perfect for you but for others it would be completely the wrong program.

You may not like the checkbox list but it is the best way for you to decide what you want. Without descriptions of the type of projects you want to make with the software it's hard for a 3rd party to advise you.

dan_nelson
12-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I think that we were told that in cut 3d the models could only be purchased and not drawn. We have alot of 2d vectors to choose from .Can you import 2d vectors and than create a 3d model with cut 3d ?

adrianm
12-12-2010, 11:11 AM
No, Cut3D has no model drawing capabilities it can only cut pre-made models.

Aspire is the program if you want to make 3D models from 2D vectors.

dan_nelson
12-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Aspire it is. Hopefully this week merry xmas to you and to us thanks.Dan and Bridget Nelson

michael_schwartz
12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
You can download demo versions of both cut 3D and Aspire that are fully functional minus the ability to export code

To make a long story short

Cut 3D allows you to import 3D files set the position in material, create tool paths, and generate code. With Cut 3D you need another source of 3D files such as other software, or 3D clip art.

Aspire is a continuation of V-Carve Pro that adds the ability to manipulate, edit, and create 3D components and features a number of different modeling tools. Aspire also adds 3d roughing, and finishing tool paths. You can also import 3D files as well.

The best way to learn which program is best for your needs is to download the demos and try them out.

knight_toolworks
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
you can't position the part in ct3d. you need to import the cut files into vcarve to do any positioning. so I pretty much import everything from cut 3d into vcarve.