PDA

View Full Version : Plywood/Lumber/Moulding Seattle area

woodworx
12-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Hello all,
I have just relocated to the Seattle area and took a job with a great company called Hardwood Industries. Website (http://www.hardwoodind.com) If you manufacture in the area and need some material please call me. It would be a big help.

Justin
425-420-1050

wberminio
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Good to hear from you Justin

Do you have free delivery-I'm only 3000 miles east!:)

dlcw
12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Justin,

Do you have any distributors in the Spokane area? I'm about 40 miles north of Spokane in Newport near the ID border (not Pacific Ocean).

woodworx
12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Don,
Let me check, but our Company owns Braided Accents. That division is in Rathdrum, ID. I will see if they do regular distribution from that facility.

dlcw
12-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Rathdrum isn't too far from here. A little closer then Spokane.

carlcnc
12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Justin
welcome to the PNW

I was at your facility [in Maltby] last week. with having to catch the ferry and the drive it was about a 4 hour round trip
Mostly a bust as I was looking for some good cherry FAS in 6" and wider
plus a couple sheets of A-1 cherry ply. To my surprise they had neither!
Shoulda been more specific when I called .

Nice moulding set up though
Oh , and tell them to spend 50$ for a couple direction signs to guide you to the office entrance!

Carl

bleeth
12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Carl:

Back in the days when I lived in the area I got much of my higher quality lumber and plywood in smaller quantities at Crosscut Hardwoods in SODO area south of Seattle. Also did well quite often at Comptons down the block depending on my needs. Across the sound Edensaw in Port Townsend was also a great supplier and they ran a truck near daily back then. One of my ex employees is still working there I think. Tacoma had AWI.

woodworx
12-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Carl,
Come first of the year this facility will be re-vamped. We are adding $60,000 of sheet good inventory to our on hand supply. Most of what is shipped out of here comes from our central headquarters in Portland. I want to hear from guys like you to develop this place into what people want from a ply/lumber company. Please give me a call sometime. I'll work on the signs......Know any sign makers? Ha!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Justin