PDA

View Full Version : Indoor jungle gym

joa
10-23-2000, 03:36 PM
My 14 month old daughter just LOVES to climb. Gets up on anything she can (and is allowed

I want to make about a 4' hight "jungle gym" for her. A half dome shaped deal where she can climb up the outside or the inside. Anybody seen anything like this or have plans by chance?

I thought about just using short lengths of 1.5" PVC pipe and using wood "connectors" to put it together. Too lazy to bother with the math

Joa

daysign@nts-online.net
12-13-2001, 10:55 AM
You could make a dome of open equilateral triangles,half a dodecahedron. Not a lot of math, all the parts are the same.

Mayo
12-15-2001, 04:20 PM
You might try researching Buckminster Fuller (credited with being the first to come up with useable geodesic dome shape) or possibly searching old back issues of Mother Earth News.
That magazine frequently had articles about do it yourself geodesic domes.

threadfx
12-17-2001, 12:12 PM
I don't know if this will lead to anything or not, but here'a a link to some B. Fuller info.

http://www.bfi.org

Bucky Fuller taught at the college here for a while. We are fortunate to have his home still standing. It's one of his domes and was his residence while he taught at Southern Illinois University. It's always been a private residence. Not long ago the university said that it is going to renovate it and use it as a teaching tool.

Aaron Savka
Thread FX

gerald_d
12-18-2001, 11:31 AM
. . . . pssst guys, Joa posted his request last year - he has probably solved the problem already . . .