PDA

View Full Version : Indexer Stop Z safe?

9r2a5m70
01-26-2011, 10:25 AM
I had a question when running the Indexer. If I'm zero'd out at the Center of the rotation and I hit the stop it moves the Z to a safe ht of 1.0
Which takes me down some 20" + / - ruining my part and / or hitting my center support bar if one is in place. Do I have to change my over all safe Z ht to something much higher (permanently)? Or can i change the safe Z in the toolpath itself so it only changes it for the Indexed toolpath being run?
Thanks

myxpykalix
01-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Not being able to visualize the part but if i understand correctly, if you have your Zzero set for the center of your material and it is at 4" thick and your safe Z is set at 1" then depending on what program you make the part with it should have a setting where you give it the diameter of the part and thus should know how high to lift the bit to make it 1" above the diameter of the part (being 2") for a total of 3" from the center. There should be a safe Z setting somewhere, but also on the control software on the lower left is a tab where you can set your safe Z.

This may have nothing to do with the program you created the part in however I have noticed that when i do a JH (not on the indexer) that rather then raising up to the safeZ height then moving it just moves and will drag across my material or right at the Zzero height as if it is ignoring the command to move the Z to the safe Z height.

I have since just doing a MX0, MY0 commands instead till i get it worked out. This may be what you are incurring.

ssflyer
01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Jack,

Check your custom99.sbc file - that's what is run when you hi "jh"

Ron

myxpykalix
01-26-2011, 03:33 PM
thanks ron i'll do that (if i can remember between my walk from the house to the shed...20 feet!)

myxpykalix
01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Ron

here is my custom99 file copied here. Do you see anything wrong with my settings? My "safeZ" is set at 1" on the control software.

'[JH] JOG HOME ... see notes in file regarding this example
' [MH] MOVE HOME is built into the software. [JH] is implemented as a Custom
' Cut and illustrates the usefullness of the Custom Cut system for setting up
' your own special commands.
' 7/30/04th
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SA
&num_Axes = %(27) 'Get system variable for number of axes in use
IF &num_Axes > 3.0 THEN GOTO Z_and_Acc
Just_Z:
&Safe_Z = %(28) 'Get the current safe_Z height from the system
IF %(3) => &Safe_Z THEN GOTO Cont_1 'Skip pull-up if above
JZ &Safe_Z
Cont_1:
J2 0,0
END
Z_and_Acc:
&Safe_Z = %(28) 'Get the current safe_Z height from the system
&Safe_A = %(29) 'Get the current safe_A height from the system
IF %(3) => &Safe_Z THEN GOTO Cont_2 'Skip pull-up if above
JZ &Safe_Z
Cont_2:
IF %(4) => &Safe_A THEN GOTO Cont_3 'Skip pull-up if above
JA &Safe_A
Cont_3:
J2 0,0
END
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ssflyer
01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi Jack,

Nope, that is exactly like mine - what version of the ShopBot software are you running?

Ron

myxpykalix
01-27-2011, 12:39 PM
v 3.5(?) I can't get the pgm to open without being connected to the bot. I get a "type mis-match" error message and it craps out. Next time i go out i'll hook the laptop up and get that. It is not the latest version i'm sure.