PDA

View Full Version : VcarvePro vs Partworks

harpman
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, What is the difference between Vcarve Pro and Partworks? Thanks

tmerrill
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Jeff,

They are identical programs as far as features and tools. The difference comes in when you save your toolpaths. V-Carve Pro includes hundreds of post processors for a variety of machines while Partworks only includes and allows ShopBot post processors to be used.

Tim

Flite-Metal
08-18-2013, 03:03 PM
What is the difference between Vcarve and Cut3D? I wasa told it is nothing more than a marketing distribution
pathway difference...are there differences? wmclayman@comcast.net

We are trying to drive a pair of ShopBot Alpha mills.

Thanks for your kind feedback.

jerry_stanek
08-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Go to the Vectric page and compare the different products

adrianm
08-18-2013, 03:32 PM
There's a big difference between VCarve and Cut3D. They're completely different programs.

I think you're thinking of Partworks/VCarve or Partworks 3D/Cut3D.

This table shows the differences between the various Vectric programs.

http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html

Flite-Metal
08-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the link to comparison. I was mistaken, its Aspire that is its kissing cousin...

I'm only interested in the importation and slicing functionality. I was told Cut3D was a derivitive of Aspire.. :)
Sorry I transposed that. We have some very important image files which were generated as skins without solid
geometry.

I know this doesn't matter for ShopBot software as it can slice and dice....which is what I need for pair of Alphas
to mill the parts at 1.5" thickness.

Looking for someone with Cut3D who could turn around slicing for us that will then permit us to move forward again.