PDA

View Full Version : Part editor

john_hartman
03-19-2011, 03:37 PM
So I want to place some pilot holes through the sides of upper and lower cabinets into the top stretchers and deck. I know how to do this through the part editor and save it to what ever side of the cabinet that I assigned then too. I have also added constriants to these pilot holes. My question is how do I add a template of these holes to some/every cabinet in my library?

Gary Campbell
03-19-2011, 03:53 PM
John...
Take a part with the holes that you want to save as a template into the PE. Then open contour mode. R-click and find edges. Delete the part edges. Select the holes(all) and then save using the icon. A dialog will open to allow you to name the X_T file. This file can then be opened with another part in contour editor and the holes applied to the part.

If you have access to the eCabs Training Video series, there is a couple that show this operation very clear.

chunkstyle
03-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I've used 1/8" pilot holes for my boxes just like you describe doing them. Created a 1/8" hole in the hole editor and labeled it pilot hole and associated it to an KD/RTA. Use KD/RTA as your joint construction and the holes will be added automatically when that KD/RTA is selected.