PDA

View Full Version : Software Start/Stop Spindle

ttrafton
04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I have a yaskawa drive for a HSD spindle. I currently do not have it hooked up to the shopbot control box to control the on and off by the "SO 1" in the software. I would also like to be able to hit the remote stop bottom to turn off the spindle at the same time as movement I could see this being an added level of safety instead of having to run over to the yaskaw drive box to turn off the spindle too. Is it possible to just hook up the yaskawa drive box to the output 1 in the control box to just turn the spindle on and off? I believe I see the contacts in the yaskawa drive box to hook to and I know which spot to connect to in the shopbot control box. It looks like I would need to program the yaskawa drive box to allow me to do this. If so has anyone done this and what by chance would be the parameters on the yaskawa drive that I would need to set. Any help would be greatly appreciated or am I trying to do the impossible.

Tom T

Gary Campbell
04-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Tom...
The newer alpha boards have a spindle connection on them. You dont say what model you own. There is also a jumper so that you can choose between a router or spindle. The VFD does not hook up directly to output 1.

In order for the spindle to stop with the Estop the spindle power wires must be run thru the contactor (next to the power switch on the newer models) I am not positive, but these connections are only on the newer machines with the aluminum box.

As far as the VFD programming goes, since each model has its own variations, you should refer to the manual for the parameters you need to change.

You might want to put a call into SB Tech supt and give them the model #'s of all your equipment. They can steer you in the right direction.

ttrafton
04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I have a prs 96 with a HSD spindle. I had the older control box. It is not adapted for the spindle but I thought maybe I could adapt using the output 1 switch as I did on my prs 96 router version.

I can call Tech support.
Thanks,
Tom

Gary Campbell
04-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Tom...
They will know the proper (and safest) way to make the connections