PDA

View Full Version : How to do that?

berzer
01-02-2007, 05:19 PM
hello
sorry for my english.
can someone tell me how to do sign like this http://www.igim.republika.pl/digima/5.jpg ?

I think I know how to cut all those letters but I need help regarding painting

Please tell me step by step how to do that to get efect like on this image.

Mayo
01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
The background of the "CASAMIA" area could have been done a couple ways. It could be a separate piece of material which is already that color - material like Corian or Avonite or other solid surface material. If it was a painted finish, then most likely they put the base color on first, let dry. Now put the CASAMIA panel on a drop cloth or tarp on the floor. Standing above the panel, splatter on the little dots of color by putting some paint on a 2" wide brush and shake off the paint. Experiment with the amount of paint on the brush so that you don't get droplets too large.

An alternative splatter method is to use a brush with short stiff bristles. Put paint on this brush and then use a putty knife or thin board to scrape across the bristles. You want to position the brush near the surface of the panel. This will splatter paint onto the panel in small droplets.

Painting the other areas is rather straight forward. Paint the letter areas and when dry, put masking on, then cut the letters through the masking and then before you remove the masking, paint the background around the letters. Remove masking. OR carve all letter areas, paint background around letters and then paint letter surfaces (requires more precision in painting).

berzer
01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you