PDA

View Full Version : Services for sign shops

meatbal80
06-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I am getting comfortable enough with the shop bot (this forum and its members have saved me alot of time and material as well as money to the swear jar) to start activly seaking new clients. I have noticed that many of you guys are in the sign business or work with the sign business. I am going to approach my local sign shops and offer my cnc serveices but i am not sure as to all of the services that i can offer, mainly the industry specific names/terms. What do you guys do with your cnc's for the sign industry?

coach
06-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Joel, I cut PVC , acryllic, aluminum, HDU and other materiels for local sign guy.
The forum is a great help with bit choice, feed and speeds.
Dave

myxpykalix
06-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I have a couple sign shops that I do different types of work for. One sign migh be in foam, the next in cedar or something else. I charge a flat rate by the hour, i don't care what material he brings me.

First thing I would do is make some samples showing off the different things you can do like Vcarving, relief carving, combinations of both, ect.

michael_schwartz
06-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Cut a sample with their buisness name. Something too nice for them to throw away, or toss in a corner. Take them a box of doughnuts or something. Give them a reason not to chase you off like they do with the rest of the salesman that come by.