PDA

View Full Version : Ecabinets kitchen

john_hartman
06-15-2011, 09:55 AM
This is my second ecabinets kitchen.. Its getting a little easier..:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/qualitysurfaces/tags/1145311/show/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/qualitysurfaces/tags/1145311/show/)

Gary Campbell
06-15-2011, 11:57 AM
John...
Fantastic job! You should be proud. Thanks for posting.

It does get easier as you go along.

adrianm
06-15-2011, 12:18 PM
That's really nice. I like the twin level worktops.

bleeth
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Most excellent!! You have to tell us about materials, construction, and finish of the "round" feature elements (as long as you don't have to kill us afterwards)!!

dlcw
06-15-2011, 08:02 PM
That is a very cool kitchen. Great job! I'll bet the customer is thrilled.

kevin
06-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice kitchen the room is to die for

Did you get a pro to take the picutures

curtiss
06-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Very nice work.

What type of counter brackets are those ??

john_hartman
06-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Thank you all for the praise.

I designed and fabricated everything with the exception of the decorative circle bar tops. Well I did cut them out which was a pain in order to seamlessly transition them into the granite.

If anyone remembers the "RCI Watch Room" I post a year or so back; I took a lot of inspiration from that into those curved bar tops. The client was very open minded all the ideas I threw at them. I thought the crazy top would break up the room. Originally the entire upper top was supposed to have the decorative design, but I gather that the local artist's fee became a little steep. Bella Bella is the artist. She does all sorts of high end tops all over the country. They are tissue paper cut patterns glued down, with an epoxy resin on top. There is double ply substructure under the granite with channels running along the perimeter for rope lighting.

If anyone remembers the movie "Breaking Away"; the client owns the old limestone mill. This is where a lot of what you see came from. The giant gantry crane, corrugated sheet metal panels around the base cabinets, the glass is original from the 40's I believe. They actually had unopened crates of this beaded glass with that tumble-weed type packing. The limestone pillars holding up the tops came from the same property.

Materials are Pure Bond Maple ply, Hard Maple Select doors/drawers and General Finishes Water Borne Enduro Stain and Poly. Everything is sprayed using a Capspray 4-stage turbine. I designed the brackets and the client had them cut, pinned and welded. And yes a pro did take those photos. I need to have that done for all my projects. They can really make your work look great!