PDA

View Full Version : Jog Home

Clayton Surfboards
07-12-2011, 03:15 AM
When completing the first of two part files the cutting head does not return home (x=0,y=0,z=0)as it used to. We then try Jog Home and it returns home except for the z axis (x=0, y=0, z= 0.039). We then try to "move" z but it dosnt move. We then "manually" move z with the "K" command. When we complete the second of the two part file it does return home. The problem has only developed recently. Where should i be lookiing to resolve the probelm.

Also when we stop the cutting head after the ghost run we cant jog home because we get a part file error 76.

Gary Campbell
07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Doug...
The heights (.39) are controlled in the material setup.

The motions are controlled in the post processor. If you have 2 cutting segments with the same bit, I wouldnt expect the tool to jog home between them.

If the postP's were updated, the old ones will be saved in a folder. There should be documentaion in the readme file.

gc3
07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Are you cutting blanks with this machine? Can you post photos?

Gary Campbell
07-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Doug...
A little more thought on this makes me think you have changed or updated something recently. Can you tell us what this is so that more accurate advice can be given?

Clayton Surfboards
07-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi Gary and Gene,

Phew -a bit overwhelmed. Yes we are cutting surfboard blanks. We use a program called Shape3D and we send the file to ShopBot to create the tool path for two part files - one for the top deck and one for the bottom deck. Cutting starts from where XY and Z = 0 which is above the nose of the board. We turn the board over to cut the bottom deck. After cutting the top deck first the cutting head used to return home without any intervention. Now we have to jog home and we still cant get Z = 0. It stays at 0.039" and we have to use the K command to manually move it to where it needs to be and then ZZ before commencing the bottom deck. This is leading to operator errors and boards are comming out incorrect as the starting point is not correct.

We also have another problem at the moment which i am trying to work thrpough - the control box is not connecting to the computer COM port 1.

I will try and send some pics through to support email of what we are doing.

Thnaks for your help so far.

Gary Campbell
07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Doug...
Confirm or deny... any changes or updates to any of the software on the computer recently?

Clayton Surfboards
07-17-2011, 09:58 AM
No updates or changes to the ShopBot software Gary.

We have an additional problem now when executing a cutting file the machine loses the communication with the com port and we get a "no return value - timer over run" error.

Gary Campbell
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Doug...
Time for an email or call to SB Tech Supt

dhunt
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Registry errors?

fsrdoug
09-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Doug
How did you resolve your problems? I am having an amazingly similar problem that is driving me up the wall and costing me lots of money.

Doug Dodd
FSR Custom WoodWorks

steve_g
09-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm having a similar but different problem... When I save several tool paths as a single file my bot jogs home between each of them, often spending more time jogging than cutting.

This happened after a computer crash and reloading all software. SB tech support sent me a new PP that didn't cure the problem, they then forwarded the issue to Vectric. That was about 3 weeks ago still no answer. I hope that Vectric's move has caused some lapse in solving issues and not that they don't see this as an issue.

Steve

adrianm
09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Some of the ShopBot post processors did have a jog to home command in the NEW_SEGMENT section that will do what you describe.

steve_g
09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Less than 30 minuets later several have identified the problem and Ken Rychlik has modified my PP and all is well!:)

Thanks all

Steve

mark_m
09-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Hello Steve,

We do not appear to have received anything related to your problem.
But if if you need our input on anything in the future, please feel free to cc support at vectric.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

steve_g
09-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Mark

Thank you, I will in the future!

Steve