PDA

View Full Version : Workstation plans

norm
07-30-2002, 06:38 PM
I have just purchased the PRT 48. I would like to build one of the workstations. Are there any plans available that can be used on the 48. I think I need three separate cutting plans for the parts or some way to divide the 4X8 plans. Any help would be appreciated.

larryk
07-31-2002, 07:07 PM
you can download the cut file here.go to bill's corner on the bottom of the home page.

larryk
07-31-2002, 07:09 PM
sorry go to the download page at the bottom

bill.young
08-01-2002, 10:00 AM
Hi Norman,

I think you're right...you should be able to cut it in three sections. If you look at the layout gif in the download you'll see that the parts are laid out roughly in three columns...one with the two sides, one with the first three shelves and some wedges, and the third with the last shelf, the sliding tray, and another set of wedges. You'll also notice that there's a part file for each piece and that they are called by the master file, wrkstatn.sbp

It looks like you'll just make it if you cut your sheet of ply into three pieces...

* one that's 41"x48" for the two side panels

* one that's 27.75"x48" for the middle section with shelves 1, 2, 3, and half the wedges, and

* one that's 27.25"x48" for the last section with shelf 4, the last of the wedges, and the sliding drawer.

Put the first piece of plywood on the table with the corner at 0,0 and run the files for the first section

FP, slots
FP, side1
FP, side2

When they're done, remove this sheet and put the second sheet in place with it's corner at the 0,0 point of your table. Also send your ShopBot back to 0,0 so that the bit is over the corner of the table.

Now you have to trick your ShopBot into thinking it's bigger than it really is. The smallest X-axis value in the second section of parts is 41.171, so use the VA command to change the X-axis location from 0 to 41.171 ... the command would be VA, 41.171. Now the ShopBot thinks it's at 41.171, 0 instead of 0,0 and you can run the second set of files...

FP, shelf1
FP, shelf2
FP, shelf3
J2, 42.144, 0
FP, wedges1,,,,,2
FP, wedges1,,,,,2
FP, wedges1,,,,,2
FP, wedges1,,,,,2

You'll notice that the wedges are cut in offset mode.. make sure that you do the J2 move after shelf3 and that you select "offset 2d" when you call the wedge files.

When this section's done, remove this sheet, put the third sheet in place, and return the tool to what used to be it's 0,0 position...it's now 41.171,0 . The smallest X-axis value in the third section is 68.81, so use the VA command again to change the corner position to 68.81 ...VA, 68.81

Now run the last section of parts...

FP, shelf4
MZ, &zup
J2, 71.20, 22.54
FP, wedges2,,,,,2
FP, wedges2,,,,,2
FP, wedges2,,,,,2
FP, drawer

...making sure that you do the offset trick for the wedges again.

The biggest problem is going to be hold-down. You can look in the scruholz.sbp file to find locations for some of them, but there's hardly any room in the second section for screws. My only suggestion is to be creative.

I don't guarantee that this will work for you but I think it will. Feel free to email me if you have any questions...I know this was kind of confusing.

Bill Young

kilian@mail.direcpc.com
08-01-2002, 01:20 PM
there is one progame that calls up all the sub progams when it is cutting"wrkststn.sbp"this is the one to run.put one full sheet on th tabel. run schuholz.sbp this marks the holes for screws. then run wrkstatn.sbp . before u you run at all use the edit file on the two, he tells u how to do this at the begining of each program when u use edit file.