PDA

View Full Version : Part works 3d question

Barnabyriver
08-04-2011, 10:29 AM
im try out some free 3d samples from the vectorart website! I have done all the setup and the preview looks perfect!! when i go to save the toolpath it says no post processor forund??? what am i missing?? thanks in advance SK

Brady Watson
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Copy the post processors from C:\SbParts\PartWorksPosts into C:\Program Files\ShopBot\PartWorks3D\PostP

If you get an error in PW3D on startup, delete all posts in the PW3D PostP folder except the ones named Shopbot_inch.pp & Shopbot_mm.pp

You can download them from SB here (http://www.shopbottools.com/mSupport/drivers.htm)

-B

MattD
02-24-2015, 09:30 PM
I had a similar Postprocessor error message and your suggestion with this patch seems to do the fix. Finding the answer was like the proverbial needle in a haystack. Wish ShopBot and PartWorks could take the guesswork out of what is the most recent edition of their Archive/Archival files.
Much Appreciated,
Matt

Brady Watson
02-25-2015, 07:54 AM
When you install SB3, it loads the most current posts in the folder: C:\SbParts\PartWorksPosts\PartWorks3D

You can copy these to the PostP folder in: C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\PartWorks3D\PostP

-B

Joseph.fm
02-17-2016, 06:46 AM
Its Still giving error here after The last step you said it will end ..Please help .

Cambrian
10-14-2016, 12:58 AM
I didn't see a satisfactory answer to this problem, so I thought I'd chime in just in case others have this issue.

I had this issue when firing up my old SB software on a new computer. There were no post-processor files in the PW3D PostP folder, just a text file saying this was where they should be.

I found that I first had to upgrade my old PW software to version 3.504 (using the update button under the Help drop-down menu).

Then, I had to install the appropriate version of SB3 (the SB app) on the same computer, even though I drive the SB from a different computer in my workshop and won't be using the SB3 app on my office computer ever. Once installed, you can find the old versions of the post-processor files in a folder here:

C:\SbParts\PartWorksPosts\PartWorksPosts_ARCHIVE

The two files you need are ShopBot_Inch.pp and ShopBot_MM.pp both dated 5/12/2009. Copy these two files and paste them to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\PartWorks3D\PostP

Then try running PartWorks3D again, and I think you'll find everything will work :) YMMV though! Feel free to ask me any follow up questions.

Its Still giving error here after The last step you said it will end ..Please help .

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Dave Fifield