PDA

View Full Version : Mail Repository Project

mtylerfl
12-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Hello,

Here is the December 2011 project I created for V-Carve Pro 6.5 and Aspire 3.5 owners. It is a FREE download, courtesy of Vectric!

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/projects/dec-2011/mail-repository.html

Stow your mail with this “old tyme” decorative Mail Repository! The project features three mail receptacles - one for Letters, another for Accounts (bills) and the final one for ‘Variant’ (miscellaneous). Alternatively, you can use it as a container for silk plants as a unique addition to your home decor.

The sample was finished with a faux metallic technique to resemble an antique brass casting, but it can be finished any way you prefer. The overall dimensions of the finished project are about 27" H x 12" W x 3" D.

• I created the design/layout using Vectric's VCarve Pro 6.5 software. The project is compatible with VCarve Pro 6.5, the current version of ShopBot PartWorks, and Aspire 3.5 (or newer versions)

• I used a ShopBot PRSAlpha BT48 to run this project and the toolpath settings were specifically for that machine and bits I used. You can make changes to suit your particular machine, bits, etc.

I used the following bits...
All V-Carves: 90° V-Bit
Cut Profiles: 1/4" Down-Cut EM

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on the sample Mail Repository project made from Maple:

• 2 coats Krylon Ruddy Brown Primer (spray), sanding between coats
• 3 coats Rustoleum Hammered Gold #7210 (spray)
• 1 “spritz” coat Krylon Brilliant Gold (spray)
• Brushed-on thinned Burnt Sienna acrylic craft paint, then wiped off and sponged for an “antique brass” look
• 2 coats Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic (spray)

Special thanks to ShopBot and Vectric for making this project possible!