PDA

View Full Version : Some basic training ideas

dlcw
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I am going to be starting an introduction class on Partworks to the local high school woodshop class next week. I know how to use the software but was wondering if anyone has put together a simple 1 to 2 hour introduction presentation to using Partworks. The main thing I need to focus on for this class is importing DXF files from Rhino. In addition I would like to cover some of the ins and outs of compensating for machine flex, how to select proper feed and spindle speeds, some tips for working efficiently in Partworks, etc. The goal is to get these kids up and operating quickly on the machine. I got the machine running and tuned up yesterday so they are ready to go when the kids can develop models and toolpaths.

Any ideas/help/documents/examples you might have would be greatly appreciated.

I will also be teaching these kids a lot about basic woodworking from sharpening tools to tuning up power tools to joinery, etc. The current shop teachers' expertise is more in metal working so I'm helping him out with the wood shop.

MogulTx
12-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Don

I would be interested in such a tutorial, as well! Let me know if there is one available. I have bought a used machine and have not gotten the benefit of training in NC. I do hope to go there soon, and may be able to get some assistance then.

Thanks .Monty

gc3
12-28-2011, 08:10 PM
why not show vectric tutorials for vcarve pro?