PDA

View Full Version : Vectric Indexer Support

Brian Moran
11-05-2009, 06:03 AM
As a number of our Beta testers are posting examples of the new wrapped output from Aspire I thought I had better explain just a little. As has been mentioned on the Vectric forum we have been looking at adding support for 'wrapping' the toolpath output from Aspire and VCarve Pro / PartWorks. For those going to one of the Vectric user groups, we will be showing a brief demonstration during one of Tony's presentations.

The next release of Aspire supports wrapping of toolpaths on output and can also show the 'wrapped' toolpaths inside the program to help with visualisation. We are also supplying a number of 'Gadgets' which are simple add on programs to simplify some of the more common tasks such as initial layout, rounding of square stock, laying out spiral ropes / barley twists and flutes etc.

We hope to have this update of Aspire out before Christmas and will also be working to have the VCarve Pro and PartWorks update out soon after the Aspire release.

The update will be called Aspire 2.5 and will be free to existing users. The VCarve Pro / Partworks update will also be free to users of the current versions (V5 of VCarve Pro and the equivalent PartWorks version).

We also have some other neat stuff for people who don't have indexers!
Brian

khalid
11-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks Brian..I always wish best for you and your company

zeykr
11-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Sounds Great!

gerryv
11-05-2009, 08:14 AM
IMHO, user friendly, fully capable 4th axis software represents a huge opportunity for Shopbot owners to expand their offering at a time when it's badly needed. A strong and sustained move in this direction could also add some serious teeth to the 100 Garages concept. Thanks much Vectric for cracking open this door. Anyone got any new news on Shopbot's promised upgrade in this area...?

pfulghum
11-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Brian,
Sounds great....Sign me up...

-- Pat