PDA

View Full Version : “Coeur d’Amour” Box

mtylerfl
01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello,

Here is the January 2012 project I created for ShopBot PartWorks, V-Carve Pro 6.5 and Aspire 3.5 owners. It is a FREE download, courtesy of Vectric!

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/projects/2012/01-jan-coeur-damour-box-asp-vcp/coeur-damour-box.html

The “Coeur d’Amour” (French for ‘Heart of Love’) box project will make a beautiful and cherished gift for your loved one on Valentine’s Day, or for any other special occasion! The sample is made from Maple and Spanish Cedar, but you can get the same overall appearance using just about any contrasting-colored wood you prefer. Only a clear finish was applied to the sample.

Special thanks to ShopBot and Vectric for making this project possible!

The overall dimensions of the finished project are about 6" W x 7" H x 3" T.

• I created the design/layout using Vectric's VCarve Pro 6.5 software. The project is compatible with VCarve Pro 6.5, the current version of ShopBot PartWorks, and Aspire 3.5 (or newer versions)

• I used a ShopBot PRSAlpha BT48 to run this project and the toolpath settings were specifically for that machine and bits I used. You can make changes to suit your particular machine, bits, etc.

I used the following bits...
V-Carve: 90° V-Bit
Hole Profiles: 1/4" Up-Cut EM
Pockets, Cut Profiles: 1/4" Down-Cut EM

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on the sample Coeur d’Amour box project made from Maple and Spanish Cedar:

• 4 coats of thinned Bullseye SealCoat, sanding between coats (2 parts sealer/3 parts Denatured alcohol)
• Several coats Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic (spray)

COBOB
01-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Very nice project Michael. Great imagination. I appreciate it.
Thank you,
Bob

mtylerfl
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks, Bob! Hope you enjoy it!

mjindustry
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Hi Michael, this is really nice thank you for sharing the project!

Melissa Jones

mtylerfl
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi Melissa,

Thank you - it is my pleasure. BTW, I sure do enjoy seeing the projects you create for your clients! Excellent work. I think what I like about you most is you are absolutely fearless and bold with your creativity! You're a great example to us all.