PDA

View Full Version : Nest function in Aspire

blackhawk
04-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I have Aspire 2.5 and have been using the nest function. After you nest the parts, is it possible to move a part to a different sheet? For example, move a part from sheet 1 to sheet 2.

knight_toolworks
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
yes just cut and paste. When I plan on nesting I make a copy of all parts and nest just one set. that way if you need to use a part it is easy to find.

dlcw
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm with Steve on that one. I always make a copy of all the work I've done and move it to another location. I then nest the original set of parts. The original is left intact in case I need to do some other work.

My current sign lettering project of nearly 800 letters ranging from 7" to 52" tall is a perfect example of this process.

knight_toolworks
04-24-2012, 05:31 PM
also save your file before you nest. I have had the software crash and loose all of it before. What I hate is if a part has a problem it is hard to figure out what part it is. I can have a part with parts inside I group them and nest them and they all get nested seperatly. Then I have to figure out what part is bad it can take awhile.