PDA

View Full Version : Router bit basics... A group created document...

steve_g
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Router bit basics... A group created document...

Well... an update to this document is long over due... When I started this project I was banned from my shop due to a heart attack... That's past and I'm doing well and back at it! I had hoped that this would be the absolute last version but... good stuff shows up on the forum nearly every day! It's hard to decide what constitutes "basic"!

Some known issues remain... some of the Onsrud links don't work. apparently some changes are going on with their web site. Some of the SB3 images will be obsolete when the new SB beta becomes the norm.

I decided to make a new thread as apparently some people are unaware of how to go deeper into a thread. I am still seeing some folks downloading the first version of this document...

I'm still collecting ideas for change and improvement... feel free to suggest them!

Steve

Router bit basics version 3.5
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8GtiBWUjRyRY01lYmNrWW5CVUU (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8GtiBWUjRyRY01lYmNrWW5CVUU)

dana_swift
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Steve- looking great! I have used it at the FabLab to explain bits to new users already.

Elsewhere on todays forum Gary Beckwith was noting that Onsrud has switched to a new internet server, so their links have changed:
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128558&postcount=8

Glad to hear you are doing better and back into life!

D

steve_g
05-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Dana

I'm glad it's being used!

The Onsrud pages regarding chip load do not appear to be available with any link. They must still be in a transition state.

Steve

dlcw
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Steve,

What's the secret to getting to where the doc is located? Google keeps getting in my face asking for me to set up Google docs or some kind of ****.

Thanks!

steve_g
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Google keeps getting in my face

It is located in my Google doc folder... I wasn't aware of any issues when you have the link.

Is anyone else having issues?

Steve

steve_g
05-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Anyone having issues, please email me Steve dot Glassel at SGMFG dot com (no caps) The PDF is nearly 3MB

Steve

knight_toolworks
05-08-2012, 01:03 PM
it works and looks well. though for some reason the up/down article is blurry.

Jimwill52
05-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Very good information! Thanks for sharing.

steve_g
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
for some reason the up/down article is blurry.

I forgot to mention that It will look better if you download the pdf instead of looking at it on the Google doc site

Steve

knight_toolworks
05-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I forgot to mention that It will look better if you download the pdf instead of looking at it on the Google doc site

Steve
makes sense though it was strange only one page was a problem.

steve_g
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Steve

When I went to check out your report, a different page was fuzzy... when I reloaded it, some backgrounds were missing, and reload again, only half of some pages loaded... The link has been very busy, 4 and more people at a time much of the day. The best will be to download and see it on your own computer.

As before... The PDF was created from a power point document. If that format suits your purpose better, email me!

Steve G

shilala
06-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Thank You, Steve!!! :)

RLynx
09-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Fantastic!
Thank you very much Steve. I’m glad to see that you’re feeling better. As a new Shopbot’er I’ve been scratching my head over this subject. I learn something new with every project I try but this just jump started me. Thank you.

Xray
09-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Nice body of knowledge, thanks for the effort

genek
09-24-2012, 06:46 PM
thanks steve really needed this..

scottp55
06-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Steve, was looking for that great .doc of yours for router bit basics. Kept getting errors from this page and can't find where I saved it. Was looking to pass it on. Where is it living now? Thanks:)

steve_g
06-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Hello Scott…
Sometimes if I haven’t used my Google drive in a while it messes up… I logged in and tried the link at the top of this thread and it appears to be working. Try again and let me know if you have issues!
SG

scottp55
06-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks Steve, for some reason Firefox and Chrome isn't playing nice with Google Drive. Opened fine in IE. Always a good read, especially for beginners:)