PDA

View Full Version : not so pleasant XtoY surprise

khaos
05-13-2012, 12:15 AM
So, IK have made a plaque vertically but my vac hold down needs a horizontal cut file. XtoY to the rescue ... The first image is the cut file preview and the second is what i got after the XtoY. I tested the roughing and detail files in preview looked good.

khaos
05-13-2012, 12:21 AM
So, IK have made a plaque vertically but my vac hold down needs a horizontal cut file. XtoY to the rescue ... The first image is the cut file preview and the second is what i got after the XtoY. I tested the roughing and detail files in preview looked good.

here is the result after cutting for 7 hours and the the vcarve .... you can imagine what words I used ... :mad::mad::mad:

I dont know why its all reversed. seems like it should only be a 90 degree shift ...

srwtlc
05-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I hate when that happens! You know what you did wrong?...You didn't flip board over along with the file. ;)

Easier thing to do would be to rotate the file in Aspire (assuming that's what you used) and recalculate the toolpath.

khaos
05-13-2012, 10:42 AM
I hate when that happens! You know what you did wrong?...You didn't flip board over along with the file. ;)

Easier thing to do would be to rotate the file in Aspire (assuming that's what you used) and recalculate the toolpath.

Clearly this was one of those times where not using the shortcut was the shortcut. Now I have a ruined piece of hardwood and and have lost a full day of shop time. The new name for XtoY should be LeftToRightThenXtoY...

The following word has been scrubed for forum consumption [DRAT]. :D