PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Foot for the Bot

David Iannone
05-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Has anyone built thier own pressure foot for thier bot? Or someone that has the one SB sells, could they give me rough dimensions? I was thinking about trying to make my own. Wondering what other ideas there were. I searched the forum for "pressure foot" but came up with a blank.

adrianm
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Type this into google search "pressure foot site:talkshopbot.com"

dlcw
05-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Two problems I found with the pressure foot

1) you can't use dust collection with it
2) when using material like brass or Dibond, the surface gets all scratched up because the pressure foot is dragging chips around. Haven't figured out how to solve this issue yet

Other then that, works fine.

jerry_stanek
05-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I made my own I used hdpe and put 4 springs on it.

knight_toolworks
05-26-2012, 09:07 PM
I did make a dc setup that works somewhat with my foot. if I used a shopvac I could do it better. but it is hard not to suck up the part. I was using it on dibond with the protective film but a straight bit has eliminated the need for the foot on dibond.

CNYDWW
05-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I was going to play with a armature version, much like a pressure foot on a sewing machine or a good scroll saw. I planned on using the large 8" or so floor slides for furniture with a center hole.

Regards
Randy

Brady Watson
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I found the pressure foot scratched many of the materials I work with, so I don't use it. It is handy for smaller wood and plastic parts not prone to scratching. I use vacuum for larger parts and my Vacuum Film technique for smaller parts.

-B

tverdin
09-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Brady, I have also been considering a pressure foot for cutting out very small acrylic numbers and letters. you mention your Vacuum Film technique, whats that?

Brady Watson
09-14-2012, 08:26 AM
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11481

tverdin
09-14-2012, 02:43 PM
thanks brady

chiloquinruss
09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
"2) when using material like brass or Dibond, the surface gets all scratched up because the pressure foot is dragging chips around. Haven't figured out how to solve this issue yet"

I just put clear packing tape on top of the material to be cut. I have had to do that with my scroll saw as well depending on the material being cut. Russ