PDA

View Full Version : Combining C2 with a FP command....

jzarski1
08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
What I am trying to do is take the C2 zzero and add it to another custom cut file C7. C7 is a cutting file. My first thought is to just cut and paste the C2 code in the C7 file. Them at the end of the zzero script add the FP command and point it to my file. Is this the way I should do it? Thanks for any help or tips.

John

Brady Watson
08-07-2012, 08:17 PM
If you start messing with the custom cuts and you don't know what you are doing, you'll open up a can of worms...The C7 already references the manual tool change (MTC) routines to prompt you to use the Zzero plate when you change a tool. If you mess with it, it may not work.

What are you looking to do exactly?

-B

jzarski1
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
I use three tools to cut my stuff. I want to be able to type a C(1-90) command and zero the current tool, once done zeroing I want it to call the file I cut with that tool which is tool_1.sbp. Then I want to do the same thing with tools two and three with different C commands.

Example
C10 is zero tool then run tool_1 file
C11 is zero tool then run tool_2 file
C12 is zero tool then run tool_3 file

John

beacon14
08-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Assuming you do know what you are doing with your Custom Cut files, there is no reason why you can't have a C2 command within any other file, either an sbp file or an sbc Custom Cut file. In fact, I prefer to do that rather than to cut and paste the code from the C2 file. That way, if I ever make any changes to my C2 file, it will be changed for every file that has the C2 command within. If you start cutting and pasting, and want to make a change later, you'll have to track down every instance of that code to make the change multiple times.

To call up Custom Cut file with numbers greater than 9 within a file, use

CN, xx where xx is the Custom Cut number