PDA

View Full Version : Santa's Chair

JDaVinci
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
This is a project I made for a parade float, then later gave it to my dad as a gift. He volunteers as Santa every year. It was quite a hit.

The pictures show just how simply it was made. It's end result far outweighed the amount of effort that went into it.

You might notice that all of the shapes are very basic Vectric Aspire extrusions, prisms and bulges.

The wood and the panels were cut on my ShopBot. The arm rests were cut with a hotwire, then hand sculpted to make them round. Mostly made of OSB and EPS. With hardcoat and latex paint over it.

Brady Watson
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Looks great!

-B

mtylerfl
09-18-2012, 03:45 PM
That's really cool - what a fun project to do!

myxpykalix
09-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Very cool and the paint job makes it look like tufted cushions:D

genek
09-19-2012, 10:07 AM
this is a project i made for a parade float, then later gave it to my dad as a gift. He volunteers as santa every year. It was quite a hit.

The pictures show just how simply it was made. It's end result far outweighed the amount of effort that went into it.

You might notice that all of the shapes are very basic vectric aspire extrusions, prisms and bulges.

The wood and the panels were cut on my shopbot. The arm rests were cut with a hotwire, then hand sculpted to make them round. Mostly made of osb and eps. With hardcoat and latex paint over it.

jD you SHOULD know better than give your dad a untested chair... Send it to me to test then you can make your dad a better one. Lol... Very good

thanks for sharing.

JDaVinci
09-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Eugene, He tested it alright. He happened to stop by the shop one day while I was working on it. So he saw the surprise before it was delivered.

This guy is my biggest fan. He gets so excited about my projects and work.

genek
09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Jd you will always be your parents child and they will always be your biggest fan... Just wait till they get into their 2nd child hood.. Every thing you do will thrill them even if you just made 100 each run will be a trill ...lol my did is 89 half the day i have him the other half i have a child.. Lol.. It called sun downers...