PDA

View Full Version : free eps from vectorart3d?

brain
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
i was browsing on vectorart's website and while looking at the 3d designs, they have a free eps design listed.

http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm?Fuseaction=Detail&ID=50660

when i download it, it saves as PS file. i have no clue what that is and my aspire won't open it, i also tried photoshop, with no luck either. does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

thanks,
brian

steve_g
09-18-2012, 10:19 PM
.ps is a post Script file... Adobe opens them for me. Please note... those files are just the outline of the artwork to use for layout planning.

SG

bob_reda
09-18-2012, 11:08 PM
just change the type of file to .eps

jamesb
09-19-2012, 04:41 AM
We do upload them with an .eps extension but if your using Internet Explorer it decides to "helpfully" identify the filetype and change it when it saves it... As Bob said if you just rename the file extension to .eps you should be all set to import it into Aspire or PartWorks. As Steve said they are essentially just the silhouette of the model to help with part layout.

Thanks,
James Booth
Vector Art 3D

brain
09-19-2012, 06:44 PM
ok, i did change the file extension and was able to open it. it was just the outer rectangle(darn). i thought it might be the outlines of the deer,trees, mountains, etc.. i guess nothings free, but thanks for the help guys.

brian