PDA

View Full Version : Initial set up of software

franka
01-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Brand new set up. As soon as sb_cut comes up it goes from cut/move and switches to Preview. I am getting no response at motors whatsoever. Could this be the problem? Computer says Shopbot connected. Zero plate works and emergency stop switch appears to function. Can't get any axis movement, not even a sound. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

windsor@muskoka.com
01-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Make sure that you aren't in " preview mode " ---I can't remember where it is , but it's on one of the drop down menues ---Might be under S ? ---i.e set preview , set move .---been a while since I used it , and I can't run the sb software on this computer to look it up .

garyb
01-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Frank,
as Mike said select "S" for settings then "M" Move/Cut and you should be off and running.
Exit software through the esc esc routine and it should save your settings as last used.

dands50@hotmail.com
01-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Just a hunch but if you are in cut mode and then the software switches to preview try hooking a different control lead from your computer to the control box. I had that same proublem on my vinyl cutting machine went nuts till I changed out the com one line. also make sure you are grounded very well as static and noise from the power can cause havoc.David in Wyoming

jay_mack1@hotmail.com
11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I didn't know where to put this, so I'll start here... I loaded the dos version of the control software on my computer this morning... in order to get a step ahead tonight when I get home... When I started the control software, the screen flashes, NON-STOP, and if it does stop, the second I hit a key, it starts flashing again. It doesn't do this with part wizard software? Will the windows version take care of this? My computer is a 433 mhz, with 64 mg of ram.

Its an e-one by emachine (a take off of an I-mac, but in windows format) I've had it for years and emachine is no longer allowed to build it due to lawsuit.

bjwat@comcast.net
11-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Was your control box on or off when you ran the DOS version? What version of Windows are you running? (Hopefully not ME...)

-Brady

jay_mack1@hotmail.com
11-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Brady,

I don't have the control box connected yet.. was running without the connection... windows 98

it could be a noncompatiable video driver... I have problems with it.. when it comes to AutoCAD as well..

bjwat@comcast.net
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
The control software shouldn't make your video flash...I'd download the latest and greatest video driver for your card and run it again in preview mode.

-Brady

jay_mack1@hotmail.com
11-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Brady,

Hooked up the Big Blue to the computer last night. Used the Windows version, the latest on the website. No screen flash, but some screen distortion... text overlaps and text wrapping.. something in the moniter... Ran it last night.. everything works pretty sweet...

I do have some problems with the wood table setup: Here is what I've got, the x carriage hits the two gold colored metal struts that are placed at the ends of the 2x's. The assembly pictures show them on top, but they'd work better underneath.

Haven't got the proxy switches nor the z-zero installed... will do that this weekend. Tonight I'd better spend the evening with my wife to be or she won't be.

SLOWLY building confidence in my abilities...

bjwat@comcast.net
11-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Jay,
There's a couple of pics here: http://home.comcast.net/~bjwat/Home.html

I'm not sure if you have the utility strut on the right way or not. I think that there are a few pics on there of the rails to compare.

Good luck...

-Brady

sixpacks53@aol.com
04-02-2004, 03:30 AM
my moniter keeps flashing off and on i hit select and menuand it still keeps comming back on i cant get it to stop flashing on