PDA

View Full Version : E-Cabs hardware population

crash5050
10-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Before I go and buy the shop bot link for e cabs, I was wondering if there were some "catalogs" to load hardware and materials out there? I am just trying to avoid having to manually input every drawer slide and pull knob out there.

Looks to me like there could be an export import function.

David

dlcw
10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
David,

You might want to post this over on the eCabinets forum.

http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewforum.php

All the experts hang out there along with the TWD folks.

garyc
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
David...
The hardware database in eCabs is proprietary, and there are limits to what can be deleted. I am not aware of any ways to do a "bulk" import of items.

Like Don says, the guys that know are over on the eCabs forum.

crash5050
10-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I can't get in over there anymore, for some reason my account is not working, I have emailed Jason a couple of times and even sent him a message on facebook, I get no response.

David

englert
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
David,

To the best of my knowledge there are not any hardware or material databases that can be purchased or downloaded that can be imported into eCabinets.

Both databases are designed to meet your unique needs for the materials that you use and the hardware that you use. The hardware in particular is more unique as it also contains your sources. Both databases contain costs that would be unique to you.

In previous versions of the software, one of the complaints was about the hardware database, as many installed hardware from other manufacturers and sources that was not in included in our program nor was there a method to add other hardware. At that time, we sold hardware and other products on our online store, www.woodworkerswholesale.com (http://www.woodworkerswholesale.com). The programmers changed the hardware database completely to meet the requests of our users and in the abscence of our online store. This updated feature allows you to add products and more specfically, add ones that you'll use, thereby streamlining the process of selecting materials or hardware. If you were to add entire libraries of hardware from many sources, then I believe that you'd end up with a huge nightmare when it comes time to select a hinge or drawer slide or whatever for your application. If you start from scratch, then only the products that you use are in your database. If the database is limited to just your specific needs, then it is much easier to maintain it, i.e., price, description, sources, etc. The same holds true with the material database.

In the hardware library, there is an Export/Import feature that allows you to export a hardware file in csv format so that you can update prices. It does not however enable you to add or delete from that file. After prices are updated, then you can import the file to update the hardware library in eCabinets.

With regards to the eCabinet Systems forum. You need your user name and password. If you don't remember your password, then you should be able to click on the forgot password link. If you still can not log in, then I'll need more info than your first name as shown on this posting, so that I can get some help from the administrator.

Dennis Englert
Manager of Product Training
Thermwood Corporation

michael_schwartz
10-10-2012, 02:49 AM
I only worry about adding new hardware on an as needed basis. The hardware editor is a breeze once you get used to it. It is better to focus on the 2-3 hole patterns that you actually need for a job. I also like to cut a scaled down box to test anything I have added before cutting an entire job.