PDA

View Full Version : Kd work

kevin
11-11-2012, 09:14 AM
I haven't posted anything for a while manly there seems to be no interest .
Untill I read Steven post who motivated me to buy an indexing head read his old post if you want to learn about indexing head .Also Joe and others on these form who are pushing the limits of there shop bot thanks for inspiring me

All projects done with the help of the bot the shop is busy

www.kdunphy.com (http://www.kdunphy.com)

kevin
11-11-2012, 09:17 AM
More pictures

kevin
11-11-2012, 09:20 AM
A wall unit it will be the next big thing

kevin
11-11-2012, 09:25 AM
U shaped i hate these the to install but you also see a lot of wasted space notice fridge bulit in ,6 inch crown .36 inch upper cabiets .The fan is made on the bot

bobmoore
11-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Nice work Kevin. Your kitchen island is my favorite, oh and the unopened bottle of champagne in the sink. Bob

gene
11-11-2012, 11:58 AM
You have been quite busy . did you make the trim on the vent hood ? that is my favorite. Beside the fireplace , is the cabinet for a tv

kevin
11-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Bob thanks for th ecompliment

Gene I did all trim for the fan except the crown molding .There will be a tv 54 inches Iwill add a trim to get that perfect fit its over sized now .Here an example fiishedand working

kevin
11-11-2012, 01:08 PM
One other point built in tv tend to look normal not over powering a room the picture is a 50 inch which seems the norm these days

danhamm
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
You do very nice work, yes even here in the cold north 50 inch is the thing..I had to park ours on the side of the barn a 100 fet away, to scary up close, all those wimmen with very little clothes on, never see that in the forzen north, just sayin....
as usual Kevin its gorgeous work you do...

Joe Porter
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
You do beautiful work, Kevin. Always look forward to your pictures. joe

myxpykalix
11-11-2012, 08:38 PM
just another beautiful job Kevin!:D

gc3
11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
well done kevin!!!

Ajcoholic
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I haven't posted anything for a while manly there seems to be no interest .

Im always interested in what you are doing... we share a lot of the same type of work, and I dont get to see a lot of other guys doing kitchens, bars, entertainment cabs in wood. Everything around here (besides myself and very few other smaller shops within a few hours) seems to be melamine & vinyl wrap doors.

I might not be around as much either (its busy working and looking after a 19 month old toddler!!) but keep posting. I know there are others watching.

Nice stuff, for sure. ALways nice!

kevin
11-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks for then compliments I don't post to get thank you but to give back and hope someone gets inspired as I did on this form
AJ your guitar rocks the finish is first rate top shelf work .But to answer what i mean is there no real built in cabinet work here just a few people .I was hoping to shake and have some of the lukers post

I was inspireed in 92 doing built ins when I read a broucher called room scaping .I love making the cabinetery part of the room
I think a small shop doing therma doors and mdf will be a slow death the problem someone is allways coming up your back and willing to work cheaper.

All the projects will de getting the final touches in the next couple of weeks I promise I'll post finial pictures

jdervin
11-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Kevin--

Thanks for the continued inspiration. When you're doing a project like the cabinetry around the 'fridge, what do you take into consideration with regards to the cabinetry outlasting the fridge and the likelihood that down the road, the new 'fridges will be differently sized?

kevin
11-14-2012, 04:50 PM
John

What i do most of the time is 37 wide even if its a 32 wide fridge
32 deep 72 inches heigh .It will fit most fridge they change down the road a little trim can help with smaller fridge

When I was in Montreal most people where spending between 14 and 20 thousand for appliances ,Sub zeros at 48 inches there I would follow the install sheet to the T

kevin
12-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I finished up the jobs except the wall unit its new consruction won't be ready till mid Feb

I didn't get very good shoot I was leaving 10;00 Friday I was tried .It was a hard install the crown on the rock with the copping .The halgon light wash out the concrete counter top detail .I hope to go back and take better pictures in the day time

The install is not like the TV shows blind foled them and did the reveal .Its long tetions work thats done in sections at a time.I pored the concrete in July 6 month for complection

The second one is faster finishing touches tommorow under 2 months .Manly it was faster because the lady knew what she wanted and I could give her what she wanted .There was a flow

gc3
12-16-2012, 10:23 AM
nice work Kevin!

kurt_rose
12-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Very nice Kevin. That second picture with the fridge in it had me scratching my head a little. Hell of an optical illusion going on there. Maybe it's just my moniter.

ccamember
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Kevin you really do some nice work.

kevin
12-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the compliments here the other bar but it was dark I have to go back in the new year hope to take better picture
But I wanted to finish post

The flute on the legs where done on the indexing head