PDA

View Full Version : New prs alpha install problems.

nodnerb
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
New user and installation here of a 98"x48" prs alpha. I have a few question just to get started with this machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) I can't seem to get the router to turn off. No matter what I enter using the SO command. The router has power the second that reset is pushed after turning on the control box. Should there actually be something hooked up to the 1 and 4 inputs/outputs on the motherboard? What am I missing?

2)Whenever I try do a manual cut using the CA(cut arch) command, for example, the y car and sometimes the x car go past the limit switch and stops, giving the "limit switch hit" error. This happens even though the machine is zeroed in x and y. It also happens whenever I try run any of the sample spb files as well.

Thanks for any help!!

sagreen83
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
on #1, have you checked the jumpers on the mother board that are for Spindle / Router? If they are in the "Spindle" position, and you are using a router, you would have this problem.

srwtlc
09-18-2007, 01:50 PM
On #2, check to see that you have the limits for your table set up (VL) and that file limit checking is on.

nodnerb
09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
You were both right. Thanks so much for the help!!! I can tell already this is going to be a long learning curve.