PDA

View Full Version : Gear rack

windsor@muskoka.com
08-20-2002, 05:51 PM
I have a utility strut style pr96 . I just noticed that the gear rack is coming unglued fron the rail . the spot is only about eight inches long at the momment . What's the best glue to use to make sure that the loose spot doesn't travel and pull the whole rail off ? I was thinking about crazy glue into the crack , or should I try to pry the whole thing off and re-glue it ? Thanks Mike

shuttle
08-21-2002, 09:14 AM
The gear rack is held on with screws, (from the top of the rail) get an allen key and try tightening them.

tim@shopbottools.com
08-22-2002, 11:14 AM
To reattach the rack I would use JB weld or a two part epoxy for metal to metal applacations. First make sure the area is clean and dry, then clamp the rack back into place. Create a fillet along the edge of the rack where it meets the strut, both top and bottom. The best example is to look at the ends of the rack and where the rack is spliced on the X rails. This is how thease areas were reinfourced. I would not try to pry the rack off, it is easy to bend the rack due to the strength of the rack tape. Thank you tim@shopbottools.com (mailto:tim@shopbottools.com)