PDA

View Full Version : DT spindle RPM vs frequency chart

bearcat
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I put together a RPM vs Frequency chart to work with the VFD display on the DeskTop. Thought someone might find it useful.

Ed

dana_swift
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
rpm = freq * 60

Coogara
01-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks, Ed. That's a nicer version than the one I had put together. As I am in Australia, and for others on 50Hz, here's the 50Hz version.

phil_o
01-09-2013, 05:09 PM
A while ago someone posted a setting so that your VFD will display in RPM. I changed it on my VFD. If I can find it I will post. Maybe someone else has it handy.

Phil

phil_o
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I found my notes on changing to display RPM

Changing the VFD Display

Before beginning, it is assumed that the user knows how to navigate through the Yaskawa VFD interface. If this is unclear, please refer to Programming the VFD for ShopBot control on page 10 of HSD Manual (SBG00318070814HSDSpindlePRS&PRTalpha.doc) and page 9 of the HSD Manual (SBG00323071014HSDspindlePRSPRTstandard.pdf).

• Turn the ShopBot Control Box and spindle power ON.

• Press the RESET button on the left side of the Control Box. This action will turn the VFD ON.

• Press the DSLP (display) button on the VFD keypad to scroll through the modes until PRGM (program mode) is illuminated. This will display a parameter number.

• Use the Up or Down Arrow keys to change to parameter number N35.

• Press Data Enter again to show the Setting Increment.

• Using the Up or Down Arrow keys to change the Setting Increment to 1180.

• Press Data Enter again to accept the Setting Increment.

• Press the DSLP button on the VFD keypad to scroll through the illuminated modes until FREF (frequency reference) is selected.

The VFD display will now read RPM/1000 i.e. 12,500 RPM will display as 12.5.

bearcat
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Just a quick clarification, the ShopBot DeskTop/HSD spindle package I use in production has a Delta S-series VFD. It also can be setup to show RPM but unlike the Yaskawa, the decimal point floats with RPM change making the actual RPM reading confusing.

Ed