PDA

View Full Version : The "Cat's Meow" motel

myxpykalix
01-20-2013, 07:09 AM
After going to the trouble of building "the motel" complete with insulated walls and a light that turned off and on (for heat) via an electric eye when he entered and a dusk/dawn lightswitch with remote control override there is a VACANCY at the "Cat's Meow Motel"....

Not because anything happened to the only tennant....oh no...it's because he found more comfortable and warmer lodging elsewhere.....IN MY LAUNDRYROOM!:eek:

In case you're wondering, that's a catbed and YES that's a special heating pad designed for pets that plugs in like a regular heating pad but is a very low heat and only uses about 15 cents of electricity/month and turns off and on when they lay on it.
I was content to let him live outside, he is (WAS) the neighborhood stray but the granddaughter felt sorry for him because he's deaf. Guess who takes care of him now?:rolleyes:

She enjoyed making the cathouse (so did I) so it was worth the expense and effort and she has gotten so she can run the bot pretty well. I guess i'm going to have to rewrite my will and leave the Bot to her!

Ajcoholic
01-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Jack for once I'm speechless...:D

I had a cat once. I wold have loved to have him live outside. He used to keep me up all night and think it was fun to scratch my face and then take off running.

The box looks great though, and if your granddaughter can already run the CNC I'm very impressed!

shilala
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Your granddaughter is cute as they get, Jack. :)

My last cat moved to my ex's farm. He took to peeing on stuff when I got married and moved. He peed on one pile of my wife's work papers and sealed his fate. (It wasn't his first paper peeing stunt, he got a girlfriend's work papers a number of times. He had a problem with women's papers or something.)
I'll never figure cats out. That dumb sumbitch had it made in the shade.
Now he'd LOVE to have a Cat's Meow Hotel.

myxpykalix
01-20-2013, 04:03 PM
It is usually males that take to peeing or marking their territory and the key to making it stop is to have them neutered right away. They stop that behavior instantly and it mellows them out. Any animal i get that is usually the first thing i do because it holds down the population and it is beneficial to their health in the long run.
If this "tennant" of mine decides to stay i'm making an appt for him/her (don't know what it is yet).

Your cat was jealous, the girlfriend was competition for your attention...cats are very fickle:eek:

myxpykalix
01-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Well because it has been very cold the last several days and I can't afford to keep running the dryer to heat up the laundryroom I got orders from the granddaughter to figure something out.......

So i brought the cat motel in complete with warming light above, insulated walls, cat bed complete with heating pad. I suppose what's keeping him from making his way into the house is the "Black Ayatolah":eek:

mjindustry
03-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Very nice Motel, Jack!

myxpykalix
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi Melissa:D I'm sorry but currently there are "No Vacancies":D
However if you are ever out on the east coast i'm sure we can find accomodations for you because by that time this one will probably have wormed their way into the house!

We took the flip door off the front because HeShe (don't know yet which it is) felt trapped and freaked out. I'm already planning the second stage of the upgrade to the motel.

In the summer i want it outside and am planning a platform with spiral or fluted columns for legs and a pitched roof that this will slide into. I'll probably create some kind of stairway he can climb up it to get in with a sunning deck and rails but i positively put my foot down when it comes to the waterslide:eek:

My granddaughter did most of the work i'll tell her you liked it!