PDA

View Full Version : curved crown

mikeb
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
This curved crown, 4.5" deep by 3.5 " high was done on the bot using aspire. Had to break it into 3 layers (1.5") due to tooling and clearance issues. First time using aspire 's 2 rail sweep.Ran the roughing and finishing toolpaths in the x direction. Would be nice if the toolpath could have followed the path of the curve,instead of just the x length, would be faster and I think a better finish,(much less final cleanup sanding).

shilala
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
I love it. Beautiful!!!

jeffery
03-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Love the molding. I'm looking at buying Aspire, watched many of the videos and this is one more reason I think I'm going to dive in.....:)

bob_s
03-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Mike. Very nice work they look great

Jeff. Now that version 4 is here these will be a lot easier to do. I have made several of these 3d moldings for a large cabinet shop and things like the ability to adjust the position of the sweep parts and automatically extend a vector to add extra trim space to your part are great improvements. They still require an awfullot of patience and precision but V 4 of aspire sure will make them more fun

dlcw
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
This curved crown, 4.5" deep by 3.5 " high was done on the bot using aspire. Had to break it into 3 layers (1.5") due to tooling and clearance issues. First time using aspire 's 2 rail sweep.Ran the roughing and finishing toolpaths in the x direction. Would be nice if the toolpath could have followed the path of the curve,instead of just the x length, would be faster and I think a better finish,(much less final cleanup sanding).

Very nice job. I'll bet that is one happy customer! :)

kevin
03-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the post I know I'm late
Do you have a picture finished ?
I like the proportion of the moulding