PDA

View Full Version : PRSstandard 48-48 or PRSstandard BT48 buddy

sc.crab
02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I will be purchasing a shotbot in the next couple of months and Im still trying to make up my mind weather to get a PRSstandard 48-48 w/6” Z axis or a PRSstandard BT48 buddy I will be using it to make signs like in the link I posted below also would like to make some wildlife panels my question is which one do you think would suit me best. I have done alot of searching and was leaning towards the buddy but I am still on the fence.

http://www.playlsi.com/Explore-Products/Park-Themes/Playground-Unique-Signs/unique-signs/Welcome-Entrance-Signs/Pages/Welcome-Entrance-Signs.aspx

zeykr
02-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I recommend a 5x8. Doing signs like that you'll always need bigger capacity than you think you will.

sc.crab
02-14-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't think I would ever be making a sign bigger than 4'x4' I have been installing these signs for 27 years and can only think of one time I did one larger than that. I was really trying to see what the real difference was between the two machines.
I am attending McGrews camp in April but I was hoping to make up my mind and order one before then.
Thanks for the help, Johnny

ssflyer
02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi Johnny and welcome!

The obvious difference of course is fixed table vs moving table. I'd think the fixed could provide more accuracy, but I'm not really sure. The other thing to consider is work size - with the 48x48, you have more initial room, but the Buddy can be expanded with the PowerSticks. If you never need more than 48x48, I'd go with the Standard - gives you a fixed footprint, as opposed to the Buddy table movements. I think the standard Buddy configuration comes with a 2' PowerStick, so adding a longer one brings the cost much closer to the PRSstandard.

Joe Porter
02-14-2013, 02:00 PM
There is also such a thing as a 48 X 72 fixed table machine. They don't talk about it much, but I understand that is an option....joe