PDA

View Full Version : Tall challenge

sawkerf
02-23-2013, 12:16 AM
This is a set of very tall cabinets I made for a house that was built in 1870. I cut everything out on my Bot. It made making the arches very easy. I even cut the ladder parts on the bot. I bought the hardware kit from Rockler, btw, it worked very well but not overly fancy, sort of "dressed up" utilitarian. I had to leave the frames off of the case because the floors were out of level 2 1/2" in 7' and the far left wall was wavy, and out of plumb 2" in 8'. I learned a lot on this job and it was fun. Its kinda cool to think that my work will be around in this historical landmark house for centuries to come!

sawkerf
02-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Sorry about the sideways pic, kinda reminds me of installing these monsters! There are two of these, 8' wide and 12' tall each. The left side cabinet,center section has a gun rack. Had to go up about 20 steps, turn and then up 4 more steps. I felt more like a rubber chicken than a spring chicken after all of that!

jdervin
02-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Very nice!

myxpykalix
02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I hope you carved something into the back and the year so when you are "dust" people can look at your work and say "that boy did some mighty fine work"!:D

sugarbeatco
03-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Very nice work on the built in. I've been looking at those ladder kits for awhile now, think I might put one on my lumber loft. Great piece though, as a beginner its cool to see whats possible on the bot!