PDA

View Full Version : Control Box and Starting of Spindle

khuffman
11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Hello,
I am trying to troubleshoot a problem that I am having with my shopbot. I have the model equivalent to the Buddy, although it is the older version of the model. The problem I am having stemmed from when activating the spindle through the ShopBot Editor, the spindle was not turning on. I tried resetting the GFCI and it seemed to work for a little awhile, then the problem returned. I thought that the GFCI might be bad, so I replaced it and the shotbot worked fine for awhile and then the problem returned. I am wondering is any of you could give me insight on some things that I can try to get my machine back in consistent operation. I am wondering if the control box has an issue in the power being sent to the spindle. Thanks in advance for your help!

navigator7
11-29-2009, 08:03 PM
120V or 220V?
Check for proper voltage at the panel and work your way out to the machine.
Does the spindle hum even though its not turning?
Any equipment added to your electrical?
Lights, vacs, heaters, compressors?
Do the lights dim when you start up your machine?

khuffman
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Okay, thanks for the insight. I will check voltage at the box. The spindle would hesitate and then turn on, but the next time, just did not come on and no humming either. No additional equipment added either. No lights on the unit. After kinda looking around on the forum, looks like maybe the contactors are sticking? I will try what you are suggesting tomorrow. Thanks