PDA

View Full Version : Indexer Chuck Bushing?

gerryv
03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I just bought a used BT48x12Z alpha with a Shopbot indexer. The indexer had an additional 10:1 reducer added but I'm going back to the OEM setup. My problem is that the shaft OD on the stepper motor is much smaller than the ID of the chuck. Does anyone know if the chuck is normally shipped with a bushing to address this? BTW, is this a OneWay Talon Chuck?

Brady Watson
03-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Gerry,
It is a 'special' adapter made for SB's applications. I am not sure if it is available a la carte, but you can call SB to find out.

Good call on ditching the Rube Goldberg reduction setup there....

-B

gerryv
03-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks Brady,
I'll be in touch :-)
Gerry

kubotaman
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Gerald try this address. I have ordered numerous pieces from them, they make the Talon chuck, and they were excellent for service. At the top they let you know that they also will make cutom adaptors for their chucks. Most likely you should be able to find what you need from the long list that is presented. I found what I need for my lathe that is over 75 years old. Shipping is really quick so give em a try!

Brady Watson
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
You forgot the address....

...and it isn't anything all that 'special', I am just recalling what the adapter says on the box from OneWay..."ShopBot Special Adapter" or something along those lines. It's just needs to mate with a 12mm shaft with keyway. Not real common, but doable if they have the broach.

-B

myxpykalix
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Gerald is this what you are talking about?:confused:

kubotaman
03-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Okay, I forgot the address. Here it is--

http://www.oneway.ca/chucks/adaptors.htm

gerryv
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks much guys, that's exactly what I'm looking for so I'll be in touch to order one.